Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day 3: Kid



Dear David,

Thank you. 

I hope you know how much I love you and how grateful I am that you're my brother. I know I threw that fit the day you were born because you weren't the little sister I'd hoped for, but I'm grateful you are you. I think I needed little brothers, even if it did take me years to figure that out. 

Thank you for living me. Sometimes I feel like you're actually the older sibling when we talk because you just naturally navigate the world around you while I'm still just hanging out in the shallow end afraid. I'm so proud of the risks you take, for your willingness to face new challenges, and for your concern and live for the family. You are a good man. 

I know you worry about me. You've watched me struggle with my health, relationships, and self-worth/esteem for years, but you've always made me feel loved and protected. One of the memories I hold dearest to my heart was from the day of my senior prom when you saw me all dressed up and told me I looked beautiful. It may not sound like much, but it meant the world. I have rarely ever felt beautiful, and it's even rarer to be told I'm beautiful. Those words were precious, thank you. 

Kid, thank you for always making me laugh. You are one of the most ridiculous, funniest people I know. Our family's brilliantly absurd humor is something you have running deep on your veins, and I think your ability to always find the humor, even in dark places, is a true source of light in my life.  

I love you so much. Thank you for simply being you. 

Love,
Jaymin

No comments: