Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 10: Daddy

(Note to my readers: sorry this is a day late. I will try to keep that from happening again. Here's what should've been yesterday's post)


Dear Daddy,

Thank you. 

Today you, Mom, Joel and I drove all over creation. It seemed that way at least. I am always amazed at how you and Mom can drive for hours without ever being completely certain of where you are without it ever bothering you. I wonder sometimes if this just is one of the benefits of marrying your best friend. You always seem capable of handling anything so long as you're together, and it seems you can find joy in the oddest situations based on this same principle. Maybe someday I'll have a better line on that, but, for now, I'm just grateful to have a good example of what a happy marriage can be. 

Thank you, Dad, for proving that good men still exist. Thank you for raising sons that are growing into good men in their own right. Thank you for being a loving husband who constantly strives to show his wife he loves her and that he sees how beautiful she is. Thank you for loving me even when I feel like I'm a total screw up. Thank you for telling me you're proud of me and for encouraging me on my pursuits. 

Thank you for being a godly example and for just living your faith on a daily basis. I know it's not always easy to do, but I am always told by anyone that knows you that you are a wonderful man and you've helped them with something (big or small) and it meant so much. I am so proud to be your daughter. I love you. 

Thank you. 

Love,
Jaymin

No comments: