Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Day 20: Kyle


Dear Kyle,

Thank you. 

It's weird sometimes how something heartbreaking and terrible can cause something. My friend, I hate the pain you're dealing with and the ridiculous number of complications you're dealing with, but I am grateful for one thing: our renewed friendship. I hadn't realized how completely I had missed your laughter, concern, advice, and kindness. Thank you for your friendship. 

I am grateful for our shared history, values, sense of humor, and friends. All these things truly make you magical and rare. 

Thank you for being honest. It's been a distressingly long time since I've spent real time with a guy who understand the importance of using his words. You have any idea how awesome it is to have you actually explain what you mean and not just get upset with me if I question you? I have trust issues and have spent too much time being lied to or rejected or having guys decide to tell me I'm just wrong or get angry at me without ever just manning up and talking to me.  Having you step up and be a real man is such a blessing. Plus it minimizes confusion. Party. Bonus. 

Speaking of parties...a happy, happy birthday, The Kyle. I can't believe we're adults let alone responsible ones. :) You are a good man and a great dad. May God bless you in the coming year in new, beautiful, surprising ways and also give you the strength you need to get through the pain and difficult times. Many wonderful years to come, my friend. Many wonderful years. 

I love you, my friend. I'm so proud of you, I am so grateful that you are you, and that I get to be a part of your story. 

Thank you. 

Love,
Jaymin

No comments: