Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
- Learn to make modeling chocolate
- Better building of cakes
- Make dresses
- Learn to bake to perfection
- Learn to make tiny icing flowers
- A whole sneak of weasels
- Learn to quilt
- Learn to properly hang pictures
- Learn to hem (Amber)
- Learn to patch (Amber)
- Learn to darn socks
- Learn to make tie fleece blankets (Amber)
- Learn to knit
- Learn to make granny squares
- Learn to crochett (Amber)
- Learn to make crochett hats
- Making modeling chocolate sheep
Saturday, January 15, 2011
- "The Princess & the Frog" on Netflix (I love Netflix...really, they make being home alone all weekend easier to deal with)
- Having the iPod back so that I can text
- Serena and Buddy, 2 of the cutest little dogs in the world
Tonight I am sitting on our new couch (compliments of Marcus Brown and his folks from what I was told) pondering. I'm listening for a weird guitar riff and the sound of a bicycle...I'm not sure which one makes me happier at the moment. Sometimes you really don't realize how much you miss people, you know?
I want to get married in the sunshine. I have no idea what that will entail or what or where or when, but it would be fairly awesome. Glowing and beautiful. Good golden sunlight makes everything and everyone beautiful. It would be perfect.
And yes, I know that statement was random, but I was just thinking about it.
I was telling friends not too long ago that I'd never really planned out my wedding. I know many girls do. They plan the dress, the location, the flowers, everything...but I never did. There are a lot of things I think would be cool, but I've never really thought to myself: this is what I want. There are no guarantees. I wish, so badly, that there were some guarantees. That I could say it was worth making some kind of plans for this kind of thing, but I don't feel there are.
It feels ironic for me to say that.
I am some sort of weird hopeless romantic, but until the right guy puts a ring on my finger, it won't really matter.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
but I’m watching the sun slowly sink
Dead set in winter
the quiet broken by Band of Horses
singing to me of life and love and sadness
Time seem so long at the beginning
But it’s never as long as it seems
The gifts you make sometimes go ungiven
Did you take enough pictures?
And I wonder.
This is the New Year.
Just like the song, just like the song
and I would love to have someone
to give the world
(and my world) to
It will be full
Good books, laughter, tea
The wedding of friends and the birth of babies
It will change
and so will I
Monday, January 3, 2011
2. Love and be loved by a good man.
3. Finish reading all partially read books.
4. Read and return all borrowed books.
5. Make a baby blankets for Jerry & Carrie’s little one and Dan & Rachel’s baby too.
6. Watch as much Eddie Izzard as is available to me.
7. Learn some basic guitar.
8. Finish going through my books and giving away/selling as many as possible.
9. Make mixes for more people.
10. Send more postcards. (And seriously consider buying literary postcards from barnesandnoble.com)
11. Write more thank-you’s.
12. Keep stamps on hand.
13. Read 365 Thank Yous by John Kralik, The Venetian’s Wife by Nick Bantock, and A Well-Kept Home by Laura Fronty.
14. Send someone a telegram via telegramstop.com.
15. Create my own God Box.
16. Do something nice for someone else every day.
17. Give more away.
18. Hang the Swan in the apartment.
19. Find a job.
20. Give more money.
21. Visit the ocean.
22. Less bad words, more positive statements.
23. Get to know the Barton’s a bit better.
24. Make Eric Callaway his long ago promised Green blanket.
25. Pay for the next car at a toll booth.
26. Try Bailey’s.
27. Live on just bread and water for 3 days.
28. Do a 3 day green tea detox.
29. Write a long letter to the pope.
30. Write a letter to a famous person I admire.
31. Give more toasts.
32. Buy a sarong.
33. Pay Dad at least half of what I owe.
34. Write my own obituary.
35. Wine and dine someone who deserves it.
36. Buy/receive/inherit/collect an external hard drive.
37. Take EGWTBTE pictures.
38. Take pictures of pirate Ned.
39. Have a completed emergency fund.
40. Watch “Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist” with Regina
41. Write and send a letter to Santa Claus.
42. Lose some weight so that when I’m called upon to do it, I can look good in a bridesmaids dress.
43. Call people back and call when I say I will.
44. Try to encourage Cynthia.
45. Tell people I love them more often.
46. Practice radical honesty on a more regular-esque basis.
47. Watch Avatar on RiffTrax.
48. Burn more candles.
49. Take trips whenever possible.
50. Visit Nikky.
51. Buy foam swords and have sword fights.
52. Own “Hadestown” album by Anais Mitchell.
53. Write in my blog more. (Hey look! I'm doing that right now!)
54. Believe it when someone tells me that I’m beautiful or that I look nice or really any compliment at all.
55. Take better care of my hands.
56. Try new recipes.
57. Finish organizing quotes.
58. Teach Amber how to make Cheesecake.
59. Exercise (at minimum) 3 times a week.
60. Acquire Munchkin.
61. Learn to make granny squares.
62. Do more to encourage my fellow students (and the staff too).
63. Argue and deal with confrontation (and confront, if necessary) in a biblical way.
64. Take pictures.
65. Say “yes” more often.
66. Take a Sabbath from the interwebz.
67. Shred whatever old financial junk that is feasible and safe to shred.
68. Call home more.