Sunday, January 23, 2011


How does one apologize for an anger that has been building for quite some time? I feel like a terrible person on a pretty regular basis right now because I'm carry around anger that is totally unhealthy and unnecessary. I know as a Christian I have been taught to forgive and that in order to be forgiven for my own sins I need to forgive the people who sin against me, but I'm struggling to let go of some of the hurts I hold inside.

How do you forgive someone who not only has no remorse and never feels like they commit a wrong? They've insulted you and hurt many people you love. How do you let go of this?

I want to forgive this person and just start over, but for some reason this bitterness has gotten ahold of my heart and I can't find a way to loosen it.

I wish this was a situation where I could confront the person I'm upset with and present my issue so we could resolve it. This, on the other hand, is somehow worse because this person knows that they've screwed up repeatedly, but they don't seem to care at all. How on earth am I supposed to deal with this?

I hope God gives me a real clear way to handle this so that I can let go of all of this. I don't want to add to the problem. I'd like to heal my end of it even if I can't change all of it. Plus, I don't want my anger to hurt other people. It's not fair to them.

Please pray for me in this. I don't want to carry anger with me. I want to heal and I want to be able to do my part to heal this situation and make the people around me happier. I just don't feel my light shining at all right now.

Thanks.
Love,
J

No comments: