Thursday, October 15, 2015

Day 15: Ms. Finfrock

Dear Ms. Finfrock,

Thank you.

I saw you today for the first time in a long, long time.  I just want you to know that it meant the world to me for you to not only recognized me, but that you treated me like an adult and not the 13-14 year old girl that you had in class over 10 years ago.  Even more than that, you didn't grill me with weird questions about my marital status or why I'm working at a nursing home and not somewhere else.  Thank you for treating me like a respectable adult human being.  It may sound weird for me to thank you for that, but I'm at a weird stage in my life and this isn't something I can take for granted.  You were one of my favorite teachers in junior high.  I mean, you're the reason I first told a story in public and the reason I know how to make an omelet.  I have many great memories of you, and I appreciate your kindness.  I also want to thank you for your kind words about my family.  I know you are a fan of my mom, and I'm glad.  I'm fond of her too.  I also think she was perfect for the job of library director, and I think she's doing a wonderful job.  I'm so proud of her, and I appreciate you taking the time to tell me you think she's great.  I hope you have a wonderful week.

Thank you.

Love,
Jaymin

No comments: