Friday, January 29, 2010

Serious Business

(A picture of my heart...yes, it is being guarded by a spider. Jeff won't touch it that way, I guess. Ha.)

Favorite things of this very moment (10:57 am CST):

  • K.D. Lang singing "Golden Slumbers/The End"
  • The absolutely pure gold sunlight that's covering everything this morning
  • Heat
  • The lovely purple tulips Mom and I picked up this morning
  • Knowing I'll get to see Nikky this evening along with quite a few other good friends
  • Blue Gummi Sharks (the BEST gummy candy in the world, even better than Cars from IKEA), and that they're selling them at Snyder's in Oregon again
  • Mira
  • Knowing I still get to watch "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" before I leave for the retreat this afternoon
  • Nikky's box (I can't wait to give it to her...as always, it's completely bizarre and full of crazy letters)
  • Linkin Park (they may not stop anyone's heart, but I sincerely adore them...they're addictive for me...why is that?)

I may very well have brought up this quote before, but if I have, it bears repeating:

"I need to be with somebody who understands that love is serious business, that I am serious business, someone who will stay forever, someone who won't betray me and then come around with a 'Hey, I'm sorry, I won't do it again' the next day and think that makes everything just dandy. I've got a hole in my heart here. I'm not taking any more chances." -Crusie & Mayer, Agnes & the Hitman

I love this quote. I ran over last night when I was flipping through the book again. After finding that passage again, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up taking it with me in the van this afternoon. It's probably real questionable, but I want to reread it again. I've probably already read it 3 or so times, but it's just a great book. Action, romance, good food, the mob, conspiracy, humor...and that quote.

I fully agree with it. The quote sums up a lot of what I'd love to find in life. I'd like to find someone who takes love as seriously as I do. Someone who is interested in fighting to keep a relationship healthy and together. Someone who isn't just in it for them, but is in it for "us." Who is interested in maintaining a balance, and who won't try to buy my affection. My affection cannot be purchased. I'm not that easy.

You know what I want? I want time. I want someone who wants to actually be around me. To be willing to sit on the front porch and just watch stars and make fun of everything with me. Who will be okay with staying home to watch movies and eat homemade pizza. Who will make me mix cds, and who will read letters if I write them to him. Who will be my best friend and so much more besides. Who I can touch. Someone who believes that I am worth his time, and shows me.

I am serious business.

No comments: