Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nothingness Enshrined in a Surplus of Words

Favorite things of today's moment (3:42pm CST):
  • Cranberry Cheddar Cheese
  • Visits from people while I am at work
  • Virtual flowers
  • Knowing I have accomplished today's said goals
  • Having a Friday off to look forward to
  • The concept of seeing the tallest of my favorite people this evening, even if that time is all too short and completely unrelated to this tall individuals desire or lack there of to see me
  • Eyeliner
  • Little girls dressed up in their ballerina outfits for dance classes
  • Taking short walks to run errands
  • Books

Enough of that.

I am incredibly warm. Let's start with that. I am, for all intents and purposes, feeling as if I am sitting on a heating vent with all the warm air blowing directly up the back of my shirt, which, if it where freezing, would be a wonderful thing, but as today is in the 80's and the air condition doesn't seem to be affording me any real possibilities of cooler temperatures, this is not a thrilling prospect.

Moving on.

Accomplished feelings are abounding today. Because I was woken up at 7:30 (a time which I avoid being conscious for if at all possible), I have actually gotten things done. Honestly, this can also be said because I ended up working all day today for my mother instead of my normal 2 hours on a Wednesday afternoon. This means that I was in the office (still am) and therefore did not have the distraction of a television with DVD/VCR capabilities rendering me helpless to watch movies I've seen millions of times all over again and sucking me into the vortex of laziness (which is common on Wednesday mornings, if I'm conscious to see them).

Instead, as I said, I've been at work. Here I was actually able to complete the necessary prep work for my test tomorrow. I have a beautifully typed set of notes to take with me. Notes that are legible. Notes that have helped to jog my memory enough that I should actually know what I'm talking about tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll even go to bed early enough that I can wake up a little early and pick myself up a cappuccino full of the caffeine I will be desperately in need of tomorrow morning. Maybe.

On an entirely different note: I think I may be having a slight allergic reaction to something here in the office. Since getting here this morning, I have had several little bumps appear in my arms and chest. Can't say I'm very excited about this development considering all it does is cause me to itch and have weird streaky highlighted red marks whenever I can no longer stand it. My brother, David does not have this problem. If he has a mosquito bite, even if they're on his toes or hands, he does not itch them. His willpower is impressive. Sometimes I envy him for it. He never looks like he has a bad splash of sunburn around his mosquito bites. Most of the time you never even know they're there. How is this possible? But moving on.

The other possibility (outside of the obvious allergic reaction theory), is that something is biting me. I haven't seen any mosquitoes in the office, but I wouldn't put it past those sneaky little insects. Or maybe a spider. Or something. I don't really know. Maybe I've caught some strange child's disease: chicken pox, mumps, something. I don't know. It's bad enough that my ring and pointer finger on my left hand are swollen from mosquito bites that decided to magically appear the other night while I was talking on my phone to Nathan while outside. I was even walking. How could they catch me? Apparently I need to walk more quickly. Although, this would cause a problem seeing as though that might cause me to breathe more heavily which makes talking on the phone awkward, especially when the person I'm talking to happens to be of the opposite gender (even if he has decided he's gay).

I'll be glad when it's colder. No more mosquitoes. I can wear a hoodie and my vans when I take a walk and it won't make me feel overheated. The leaves will be colorful and crunching beneath my feet as I walk up and down the sidewalk. The air will smell like autumn, that cool, deep, rich smell that comes with burning leaves and cold, and at night it makes you wonder if what you smell is the stars that seem to shine just that much brighter and colder at night.

Honestly, I can't wait.

1 comment:

Nikky said...

"The concept of seeing the tallest of my favorite people this evening, even if that time is all too short and completely unrelated to this tall individuals desire or lack there of to see me"

That has to be the one of the greatest things I've read in a while. Spectacular!

Its getting cold here. I, however dont like it. It means putting away my beloved flip flops and wanting to own a parka the size of a volkswagon with heating capabilities. I get cold in July. October is no good for me. Although, despite that, I think it is my favorite month, I love pumpkins (not rotting carpet ones, regular ones) and cinnamon and candy apples and things like that. I am looking forward immensely to to visiting you. I have 100 dollars saved up, hopefully I will be able to add to that before I come, because I am not sure that it will pay for gas. Boo. Anyways,
hope Wednesday night went well, and I am certain he does like to see you.
:)
--Nikky!