Thursday, September 20, 2007

Covers All Manner of Sins

Favorite's list of this very moment (10:39 pm CST):
  • The orange vanilla candle which inspired the "cake" sentiment of earlier in the evening.
  • Love Actually
  • Finally figuring out what to put on that 2nd mix for Mr. Laurent
  • Just opening Gmail and realizing that I have an email from said Mr. Laurent with notice that he's not dead and a request to fetch him the Death Star, the number 9, and four bags of raw flour
  • Fire
  • The gloriously cool breeze coming through the window next to the computer
  • Terms like "covers all manner of sins"
Yes, this is the 2nd entry of the day. The story is something I was working on tonight. I hadn't written a story in God only knows how long and it felt like the right timing. Pretty glorious actually. There might be more to it. I haven't really decided yet.

The mix is actually going to be the next one I make. The name will stay the same. There may be one more song added, but we'll see. I'm debating. It's a good mix though. Muy obvious and lovely.

I extended a lame email invitation for Mr. Laurent (formality sounds lovely this evening as does the word "lovely") to join me at any point during the weekend if he so desires.

I went to a block party this evening. I'd never been to one, and my mother wanted to go. Oddly enough, it was at Pine Crest Community, which happens to be a nursing home and assisted living community. They are building a community center which includes a rather large auditorium, coffee house, and wellness center (among other things). I was actually pretty impressed. Although, there was no bingo and I was really hoping to win some money (not that this would have been possible since winning any form of game is nearly impossible because I lack all killer instinct--unless of course it comes to someone messing with my friends, family or the man I adore...). So much for that. I did get to eat bananas foster. Quite tasty.

I'm kind of disappointed in rereading this. No real interesting anything...except for that bit about Mr. Laurent. Such a lovely man.

Good night nurse.

1 comment:

Nikky said...

Yes, and in that regard you have tremendous killer instint. You could take out Jerry Briggs no problems. Lay him out cold.
hahaha.

sigh...love actually...such a great movie...

--Nikky!