Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lists and other wonders of the day

Favorite things of this very moment (6:45pm CST):
  • Finding a copy of a book I've been wanting to buy for 25 cents at a used book sale.
  • Knowing my tuition payment went through without any problems.
  • Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
  • Jonny Lang's "Lie to Me" cd
  • Toothbrushes
  • Owning a laptop
  • Wireless that's free from the Public Library
  • Not owning a blue-tooth related anything
As I was walking across the street to go to the library tonight, I saw 2 black dogs. They were pretty big and one of the looked a little older. They both had well-worn collars with shiny metal name tags, but they were obviously lost. I don't know who they belonged to, but I wish I did. They took off before I could figure out who they belonged to. It made me feel kind of guilty too.

I don't know how silly that sounds to most people, but I'm real sentimental and I feel concern for animals on a regular basis. Especially if they seem to be lost pets. All I could think when those dogs took off was I hope they don't get hit by a car. It just really bothers me to think that something could happen to those dogs and I should have been able to do something. You know?

I prayed for them. Even if that does seems childish or superfluous or whatever. They were living breathing beautiful creatures, and I just hope God protects them and gets them home safely tonight.

Also, they planted new trees. The dogs didn't (don't be such a smart alec, I know you were thinking it!), but the guys from the "city" (aka the "village") planted new trees. I left for school this morning and there was nothing, but when I came home from work there were at least 2 new trees on my block. Not little bitty ones either, we're talking hardy looking saplings that should provide me with shade in another year or two. Despite the sarcasm that you might be thinking you sense, I'm genuinely excited about these new trees. More oxygen for everyone around.

As I've been typing this, I've been talking to my friend, Amber's boyfriend. He's been wandering the library. Justin said he wanted a book. He's having trouble finding one. Then again, he also said he doesn't have a library card. I told him he should probably go get one. I mean, he lives just down the street, like I do. Currently he's at the circulation desk with my mother and Mary trying to figure out how it's possible to have fines for a book at has disappeared but was returned that he's never heard of and can't imagine having a reason to have checked it out years ago if he did. Bizarre.

2 comments:

Nikky said...

So, I definitely agree with you on the concern for animals. :) (thats part of why I dont eat them, lol.) But God made them with the same breath of life as us, and its our job to take care of them, so I dont think its silly at all to be praying for them!

Nikky said...

By the way, SuperJaymin is the sweetest picture I've seen in a long time!! :)