Saturday, December 11, 2010

What Are You Suggesting?

(Yes, that is a flamingo. What are you going to do about it? And it's from Cheat's house. Yep.)


Tonight's post will have to END with my favorites list because it's been a weird one and I need to get that out of my system first.

One: Within the past 15 minutes I was asked to sleep with someone. Yep. By a guy I haven't seen in about...hmm...2 years maybe. Maybe less. He's super lonely and apparently he thought that I'd be willing to sleep with him when I'm home in a week. Yeah...I can't say that's ever happened before. Wow. I'm actually super glad that we had this conversation before I came home because I don't know how weird that would have been in person. Still pretty shocked that this just happened. I actually think that he is still trying to convince me that this is a good plan. Wow.

Did I mention that I'm struggling to believe I am actually having this conversation? For several reasons: a. He hasn't seen me in several years. b. I don't think I've ever given off the impression that I wanted to sleep with him. c. No one ever expresses interest in me. and d. This is just too strange for me to comprehend late in the evening.

Two: The guy I actually want to be with is in Arkansas for a week. It bothers me. For a number of reasons, but I think my favorite at this point (can I call it my favorite?) is the fact that he didn't tell me he was going to AR. I talk to him literally EVERY day. How did he just never mention that? More importantly, he's been telling me he'd try to come visit this coming week...obviously I misunderstood. Or he was actually afraid to tell me.

Why on earth would he be afraid to tell me? It's just me. I'm not terribly threatening and I've done nothing but try to be kind about everything. Honest, but kind.

Three: I currently feel a lot like throwing up.

And now...for a much brighter ending...

Tonight was Miiitch's Epic Christmas Party. Last Sunday Mitch came running into Amber & I's apartment to tell me that he'd decided we needed to do Secret Santa and have a Christmas party on Friday night. I agreed.

On Tuesday we all drew names and got things going.

But tonight was the party. We all went over to Miiitch's and he'd prepared a bunch of crazy games. Mitch is genuinely awesome at these crazy parties. We had tasty food, he had games with bizarre prizes, and we played wacky games and watched Christmas movies. It was awesome. Mitch & I even had a sword fight. That was lovely. So, so much insanity and near death. I actually would like a great deal more of that in my life. I thoroughly enjoy laughing so hard that I can barely breathe and so hard that I'm in tears.

Mitch is a party genius.

And last but not least: my list.

Favorite things of this very moment (1:39 am EST):

  • Looking through pictures from this evening's party
  • iTunes shuffle
  • Regina & her ridiculous comments on my pictures
  • Facebook
  • Unsweetened ice tea
  • Having a place to say this even though sometimes what I say is just kinda insane
  • The penguin sticker from Kendall & Cam that is on the front of my phone
  • Knowing Nik has a new phone!
  • Chocolate
  • Christmas lights
  • The approach of sleep...I seriously hope
  • And http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/

No comments: