Friday, March 19, 2010

Don't Let It Fool You

Favorite things of this very moment (2:59 pm CST):
  • That I have a job today and tomorrow at Basket Beginnings in Conover (you should probably come check it out)
  • My "When Your Heart Aches" mix playing on the store's cd player (more on this later)
  • The Olympians Series by Rick Riordan (read it, have your kids read it, your friends read it, your kids friends read it, and anyone else you know...they should probably read it too)
  • That I should be getting the 4th book in the Olympians Series tomorrow (The Battle of the Labyrinth)!! Sweetness!
  • Having plans to hang out with Jay & Ben with a box of juicebags (I'll be picking them up on my way home from work) on the front porch tonight (oh yes, this means Front Porch Talk season could be officially open for business!)
  • Andy accepting my Facebook Friends Request (yes, you heard me, it's my favorite)
  • My summer jewelry being something I feel the urge to wear again
  • No socks!

My posts probably have made you aware, but I'm feeling a little crazy this week.

Have you ever had an event that basically throws you off-kilter? It makes everything seem discombobulated (hey, I spelled that right! Party! Bonus!) and different. Like you're looking at the world from a different perspective or having new bearings?

That's how I feel, and I don't know if that's a good thing yet or not.

I'm currently trying to work out how crazy I am, and also what on earth I'm really dealing with. Sometimes it's hard for me to truly place what's going on in my head and heart. I'm sure most people have this happen from time to time, and that pretty much sums me up. I keep looking at my heart and wondering...

Is this different?

Or maybe it's just in my head. Whatever it is, I'm acting crazy, and I'd like to get a good grip on my heart and head and make them agree...at least for a little while.

Anyway, as promised, and on a less dramatic note, more on the "When Your Heart Aches" mix: I guess all I really want to say is that this is my current favorite mix. I put it together this week, and it's virtually all I've listened to. I pulled the songs from various old mixes, a few new mixes, and just old beloved stuff. I needed something that would make me smile and feel a little happier in my own way. So without further ado, the mix...

When Your Heart Aches:

  1. This Time Around - Hanson
  2. Anchor - Brandon Clark & The American Standard (check them out on facebook, my friend, Brandon and his band are AMAZING)
  3. Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer
  4. Breezy - Conor Oberst (Thank you, Nikky)
  5. Don't Move - Butch Walker
  6. Oil & Water - Incubus (Brandon Boyd has a beautiful voice)
  7. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Jack Johnson (ah yes, the old theme song)
  8. I'll Be the Wind - Garth Brooks
  9. Moshi Moshi (acoustic) - Brand New
  10. Lips Like Morphine - Kill Hannah
  11. On Your Porch - The Format
  12. Girl I Wanna Lay You Down - Jack Johnson (might not be the real title)
  13. Wreck Me - Butch Walker (I put this song on repeat often)
  14. Absolutely Still - Better Than Ezra
  15. Disenchanted - My Chemical Romance
  16. Restless - Brandon Clark & The American Standard
  17. Say - John Mayer
  18. Straight Up - Halifax

1 comment:

Nikky said...

I'm glad I got to talk to you today. The front porch with Jay and Ben sounds like a good time...mmm...juicebags.