Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Questions. I've Got Some Questions.


You may not be calling me a liar, but I am pretty sure I am.

Currently, the youth group I work with is going through Joshua Harris's video series "I Kissed Dating Goodbye," and tonight's discussion was on purity. This hit home. I've been wearing a ring since I was 18 that is just a plain silver band with the word "purity" written on it. I'm not going to pretend that I'm a super pure person or that I've made all the right choices, but I've been trying.

My real concern is this: what am I doing to really promote purity? What am I doing to maintain my purity? Or to help others maintain their's?

More so...am I being pure in my current relationships?

I've become friends with a guy in the past few months that I think is something beyond incredible, but I'm not sure I'm really seeking his highest good. I think a lot of what I want also is seeking his highest good, but I don't think my intentions are pure. This worries me.

How does a person seek the highest good of another and put their purity as something worthy of protecting and maintaining?

So, so, so many questions.

No comments: