Sunday, February 20, 2011

Swans vs. Weasels

(Pictures of some of the beautiful cookies I made for Valentine's Day this year)

I realized a few moments ago that I never shared with my gentle (or not-so-gentle) readers my Valentine's Day & Anti-Valentine's Day play lists for the year. For quite a few years now I have been trying to make these mixes every year for Nikky, and they've become a tradition that I truly enjoy. It allows me to look over the songs I love and find new things to adore. It also allows me to express my personal feelings on love in both good and bad directions. These mixes tend to make me happy. So, for your enjoyment, here are the play lists:

Broken Hearts & Rabid Weasels, Anti-Valentine's Mix 2011:

  1. Wrong Number Message to Terrence's Phone - Christie
  2. Soundtrack - The Damnwells
  3. Overkill - Colin Hay
  4. Over Thinking [Acoustic] - Relient K
  5. Possibility - Lykke Li
  6. Kiss with a Fist - Florence & the Machine
  7. Always be my Baby - Mariah Carey
  8. Cath... - Death Cab for Cutie
  9. Love Drunk - Boys Like Girls
  10. Grenade - Bruno Mars
  11. Gone - Nsync
  12. I Miss You - Blink-182
  13. Keep Your Hands Off Her - The Black Keys
  14. Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado feat. Timbaland
  15. Toxic - Britney Spears
  16. Make Me Wanna Die - The Pretty Reckless
  17. How's It Gonna Be - Third Eye Blind
  18. Jude Law and a Semester Abroad - Brand New
  19. Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
  20. Whatya Want from Me - Adam Lambert
  21. I Need You - Relient K

Swans at Sunset, Valentine's Day Mix 2011:

  1. If You Believe Me - Relient K
  2. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
  3. Good For You - Third Eye Blind
  4. Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe - Barry White
  5. Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars
  6. If It's Love - Train
  7. Too Busy Thinking About my Baby - Marvin Gaye
  8. Hate that I Love You - Rihanna
  9. Father Figure - George Michael
  10. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
  11. Savannah - Relient K
  12. How He Loves - David Crowder Band
  13. Lucky - Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat
  14. The Only Exception - Paramore
  15. Two is Better than One - Boys Like Girls feat. Taylor Swift
  16. Love Never Fails - Brandon Heath
  17. I Believe in You [Acoustic Version] - Tyler Hilton
  18. Call me When You Get This - Corinne Bailey Rae
  19. Storybook Love - Willy DeVille

I realize the Anti-Valentine's Mix probably has some rather unexpected stuff on it. I typically avoid Britney Spears and Mariah Carey for instance, but hey, sometimes those songs work just fine. Feel free to enjoy them.

And Nikky, your copies are in your box. You'll get them soon enough!

No comments: