Saturday, July 16, 2011

Seek the Good

Favorite things of this very moment (11:36 am CST):


  • The Damnwell's...How I love them so

  • Handmade flower hair clips that I bought for myself and others I love today (I have one in my hair, it's adorable)

  • Knowing that tomorrow at this time I will be on my way to IN to see a lot of the people I love most in the world to spend a week with them at Manchester College for FUEL ( http://tpym.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=13 )

  • Life

Life is a beautiful, beautiful thing.


This week has been a series of surprises. I found out my good friend, Jeff will be coming down to ABC in August as will a really cool guy named Max who is from Omaha who I'd like to become better friends with. Plus, a girl who has been like a little sister to me for years, Jessica, may be coming down as well. Plus, a bunch of my friends from Omaha are coming to FUEL after all. None of them thought they were going to be able to make it, and now a whole group of them are and I can't wait to see them.


Plus, the girl that I'm terrified of being around because I know I'll say something horrid...she won't be at FUEL. I might have a real conversation with Sam for the first time in months if this is true. I miss our conversations, but then again, this may just be God proving to me time and time again that this will never work out. Who knows. Regardless, life is beautiful and He's got this.


I decided the other night that I would be enjoying life in August regardless of the situation I found myself in. My friend, Jordan and I were discussing that often August is a rough month for us. I decided we need to rename August something special. Ardently Amazing August. Affable August. Something. Something exciting. Something that will remind us to seek the good in each and every day. We need to see the good. Everyone needs to see the good.


Let me suggest this: let's make August an extremely great month. Let's see every day as a unique and beautiful gift. Every day has good in it. Every single one.


Let's seek the good.

No comments: