Thursday, July 28, 2011

Merry-Go-Round, for You, for Me

Amy trying to make sure she didn't throw up (as per my request), and despite the look of semi-terror, she had a great time.

Jay spinning me around on the merry-go-round. Bless him. He does a really great job of spinning you REALLY fast. Maybe the extremely long legs help.


Jay took this sweet, sweet picture of the merry-go-round in Lowell Park the other night after we were just about done spinning on it. Such a glorious good time.


Jay enjoying himself on the merry-go-round.


As you can see, I have been up to something lately. I'm actually a bit behind in talking about the things I'm thankful for, but I'll skip around a bit.


All these pictures are from a trip to Lowell Park down in Dixon this past Sunday with Jay and Amy (as you have already seen). Amy and I had discussed our mutual love of pointless, spinning, semi-dangerous playground equipment. We had a wonderful time at MN Camp playing on the Witch's hat. If you are unaware of what this glorious playground item is, look it up. They're like a much sharper, more painful merry-go-round. Most of the girls in our cabin were bleeding at one point or another due to that particular device, but all of us had to get back on. As a result of our realized mutual love, I told Amy that Lowell Park still had a great functioning merry-go-round.


I hadn't been there in a few years. In fact, the last time I was there may have been the night that Nikky, David, Kelsey and I decided to go eat Taco Bell for dinner and then get on the merry-go-round. That ended in all of us laying on the merry-go-round while David slowly pushed with one foot while we all talked about how miserable we felt and how one of us was definitely going to puke. Miraculously none of us did, but that story will definitely go in my eventual (read "inevitable") memoirs, Caffeine & Bad Choices. As a result of this mistake (though hilarious), I had told Amy that we needed to go play on the merry-go-round with Jay, then go to Taco Bell for dinner, then go to Jay's to watch "Anchor Man" (because Amy hadn't seen it yet, and...well, it sounded like a GREAT way to end a good evening).


So we did. :)


I am thankful for this. I am thankful I have a couple friends up here that are willing to be a little immature for an evening and spend some time spinning on a merry-go-round in the perfect sunlight of a quiet Sunday afternoon in July. Spinning in the gold light and forgetting all about the things we have to face in the real world come Monday and beyond. I am thankful we were allowed this brief escape. I am thankful for Jay and Amy. I am thankful for reckless behavior and outdated playground equipment. I am thankful for perfect gold sunlight on Sunday afternoons.


Mostly though, I am thankful for this life I have been given. Crazy and confusing as it is some days. Reckless and wishy-washy as I am some days...this is a beautiful life. I am thankful it's mine.


Good night, my loves.


Ps. What are you thankful for?

No comments: