Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dealing with Dementors

("One Day" by David Shrigley)


Today is a day when, for some crazy reason, it's as if dementors were real, and not only that, but that they're following me about and sucking the joy right out of me. Why is this?

Though I'm not sure why, I do know of one thing that is a good plan for me, I'm going to make a list of the good things from today. That should help my crazy brain.

Good things from this Thursday:

  • Finding out I got an "A" on my Christian Ethics exam
  • Feeling pretty sure of my topic
  • Listening to Jake singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen even though I'm trying to shut him up
  • Watching several hours of the "Corbert Report" this morning while watching Caleb
  • The incredibly beautiful fall weather
  • Jimmy Muffin, my Uncle Jon's family's stray cat (he adopted them) who decided today to follow me into the house and curl up on my lap and purr until after the girls got home
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows
  • Life

I have no idea where my life is heading, but I know this one thing: it will be good. And the damn dementors will leave me alone.

No comments: