Saturday, September 18, 2010

Where Soul Meets Body

Jaymin Cheatwood sometimes hates everything. Well, not really. Obviously she doesn't hate you.

Mostly I just feel tired. Tired is fairly normal for just before 1am, but even so...

I'm listening to Death Cab for Cutie sing about twin size beds and passenger seats and oceans. So many things to divide us and bring us together. I don't feel like I'm keeping up with all of this.

"Soul Meets Body" may be my favorite of their songs at this point, and I find it ironic that in my Christian Ethics class we've been discussing Thomas Aquinas view vs. Augustine vs. Plato vs. Plotinus, etc., etc. So many views on the soul. So many views on "the good life." So many views on morality and ethics and priorities and God.

I am a soul and a body, all wrapped into one. When I die, I'll be dead. I'll hopefully be ashes that make some beautiful flowers or trees grow, and those ashes will wait till Christ returns before they do anything else.

As I am the Lorax, I think it would be incredibly cool to help some trees grow. I wonder how I can do that. Hmm...I guess I'll have to look more into cremation and the laws concerning the dispersing of ashes.

I guess these are just my errant thoughts for tonight. I'm pretty sure this also signifies my need to sleep, so good night sports fans.





No comments: