Sunday, September 12, 2010

Changing the Rules

Favorite things of this very moment (2:43 EST):
  • My balcony
  • Sunshine
  • A breeze
  • Good music
  • Time to think
  • My fingers

Life is good. God is good. No matter what.

I have now been in Atlanta for 3 weeks. A little more than 3 weeks actually. It seems unreal. My classes are wonderful. My roommate is awesome. Life is good.

The only thing that would make this better would be to find some gainful employment so that I could pay my bills, but God will provide, so I'm not as worried about that as I would have been in the past.

Beyond that, I'm being challenged to grow. More so than I have been in a long time. I'm working on letting go of my preconceived notions of people and trying to be a bit more open about things. I'm trying to let go of all the hopes I have been holding onto so tightly and realize that maybe God has something better out there for me. He seems to be pointing me in that general direction.

I'd also really like to be kinder. I don't think I'm a horrible person or anything, but I do think there are a lot of things that I could improve on. Kinder words, gentler behaviors. People deserve more love from me, and I need to own up to my insecurities. There are so many.

Life is an adventure. I'm going to try to enjoy all that I can in each day.

With love, J

No comments: