Friday, September 17, 2010

Ache, Tree, Time.

(The amazing tree that Joel took a picture of at our Great-Grandparents's house in MO)

Favorite Things of This Very Moment (7:44 pm EST):
  • "We'd all do the same thing when faced with giant golden turtle birds." - Mike Nelson
  • RiffTrax
  • Jaysen's joy at me finding him some baking sheets for shrimp (*shudders*...you know how I feel about this, Nik)
  • Ice tea from Chick-fil-A
  • Knowing that I have a movie watching party to go to in a few minutes

Hmm...I want to be someone's "Perfect Fare."

There are no words to express the weird tired feeling at the top of my spine. It keeps working up to my head and then back down to the base of my spine. This is a night where I will have to convince myself that I want to go to this party.

Why is it sometimes it's super hard to convince myself that I want to deal with people? I know that once I go it'll be fine. I'll have a good time and it will be worth this, but in the meantime I will be struggling to convince myself that this is something I want to do.

This is a night where I wish I had someone here that was on my side. Does that make sense?

For instance, if Nikky was here that would be great. Or perhaps the guy that shows up in my dreams from time to time. The one that I can't identify, but I know is somewhere out there.

Moving on.

This party will be fun. The ache will go away, and life will go on. It'll be a good night. You have a good one too.

In the meantime...I'm going to look happily at that tree. It's a beautiful one. I think it looks a little like me.

No comments: