Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I Love It When a Plan Comes Together

There are few things in life more delightful than watching a book or story you've written come to life. I got to spend a little time with my fantastic and incredibly talented sister-in-law, Kelsey who is doing the illustrations for a children's book I've written. Seeing her sketches & ink drawings of my little armadillo is truly a treasure. She is bringing my creation to life, and with a little luck and time and a good deal of perserverance, I think we'll get this published. Out of all the crazy bits and bobs of my life currently, seeing my book actually come to life with Kelsey's endearingly adorable drawings is easily the most rewarding. 

My hope is for us to get the book finished this year (illustrations and all) and find a way to get it published with the next. I want to make sure Conor gets to have a copy of this of his own before he outgrows it. (Especially seeing as how the story is one I wrote with him in mind.)

I can't wait. 

No comments: