Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Favorite things of this very moment (4:14 pm CST):
  • Watching the sunshine slowly change colors as the sun sinks slowly in the west
  • Funfetti cookies
  • The pink goose glass filled with water
  • Coors Light commercials (yes, they're cheesy and ridiculous, but they make me smile)

I'm currently listening to the sound of football on the TV, my own typing, and the sounds of my parents sleeping on the couches. Sunday is a wonderful thing. The lazy Sunday aspect is something that usually gets messed with around here, but today we actually all just got some time to sit around and do a lot of nothing. Just as well too because energy is seeping away like the sunshine, and soon all I'll want to do is sit around and watch a movie. I might even watch "17 Again" for the 2nd time in the past 24 hours because it really cracked me up last night. We'll see how that works.

I allow myself to forget, all too often, that sometimes you really do need to just sit in the sunshine and soak it in. Life goes by quickly, but not so quickly that I shouldn't find time to slow myself down. Life's no good if we rush it, and I'm very good at trying to rush things.

With any luck I'll find ways to lazily enjoy the rest of my afternoon. I hope you have the same good luck. Enjoy a little time of lazy nothing.

ps. I made the following mix for my friend Jay a year or 2 back, and I think this is the appropriate time to share:

Lazy Sunday's New Theme Songs:

  • Faith - George Michael
  • Am I Missing? - Dashboard Confessional
  • Mushaboom - Feist
  • Recluse - Cursive
  • Getaway - Train
  • Bring the Night On - Eve 6
  • She's so Heavy - The Beatles
  • Beautiful - Marvelous 3 (either that or Butch Walker...I'm blanking today)
  • Hurricanes - Five Iron Frenzy
  • Heard 'Em Say - Kanye West feat. Adam Levine
  • All Fall Down - OneRepublic
  • Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
  • Maybe It's Just Me - Butch Walker
  • io (This Time Around) - Hellen Stellar
  • Lullaby - Matt Costa
  • Rollin' Home - Tyler Hilton
  • Where to Begin - My Morning Jacket
  • Supposed to Be - Jack Johnson

No comments: