Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Courageous One

Favorite things of this very moment (11:11 pm CST, make a wish):







  • Having successfully completed the lastest of the many mixes I make (oh yeah, try saying that 3 times fast)
  • The brilliance of Nikky's YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=pseudoindiequeen (check it out! Immediately, now!)
  • Knowing I actually have plans to see Heather tomorrow
  • Wearing long sleeves in July and surviving without heat stroke
  • Chai tea
  • Tyler Hilton. Period.

I wish I had something brilliant and witty to say this evening, but all I really have to say is that even those of us that are shy and lost can still find courage within us. I was recently told by 3 people whose advice, opinion, and love mean more to me than almost anything in the world that I was brave. Considering I've spent most of my growing up feeling a bit like the Cowardly Lion, it came as a bit of a shock, but it meant so much.

What it comes down to is the fact that having someone call you "courageous one" can actually help you believe that maybe, just maybe, you are brave. Or, at least, much braver than you initially believed.

I may not be the bravest, but I know that I'm believed in. And I know that someday someone will ask for me by name.

No comments: