Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sweet Summer (IN MARCH!)

Favorite Things of This Very Moment (or possibly today in general depending on how long this post takes me to write since I'm a little disconnected, but in a good way this time, although it makes it difficult to spell and keep track of my thoughts, 12:53 pm CST):
  • Emails from the Amazing Amy (Oh how I miss you!)
  • Huge cups of unsweetened ice tea
  • Knowing there will be fresh sun tea to look forward to at home when I'm done here at work
  • Basket Beginnings
  • Pulling out Dashboard's Dusk & Summer album so I can play it at work (still my summer cd!)
  • Sunshine, glorious, glorious gold sunshine that makes everything feel of hope and summer and causes even the breeze itself to feel like gold brushing your skin
  • Hope, hope, hope
  • Memories of all the laughter of last night's Alfano's dinner with Hilary and all the great people that came to see her while she was home
  • The incredibly bright peach/pink shirt I bought myself yesterday 
  • Getting to wear flip-flops in MARCH in ILLINOIS!!!!
God is so incredibly cool. 

Spring officially starts with week, but it has felt like late June here for the past week.  It's like God brought me a GA spring because he knew my heart was longing to be there.  I know quite a few other Northern hearts that this sunshine and warmth has brought home too. 

It has caused me to pull out summer loves in my music a bit earlier than usual, and I have enjoyed feeling the air rush through my hair as I drive with all my windows down soaking in the air and sun.  I love it even more when I can do that at night.  Last night I drove home on back roads just so I could be in the car with the windows down and the sweetness of the cool night air filling up my lungs.  It was so gorgeous.  I don't know how I forget what that feels like in the depths of winter, but I love reexperiencing the first love-like joy each year when I get to have my windows down for the first time.  I hope I never lose that joy.

Honestly, I hope you're finding the weather wherever you are as beautiful as it is here.  If you're like me, you'll be wanting to find yourself thoroughly enjoy the sunshine and warmth as much as possible.  Sit in the sunshine, open up all the widows, sing at the top of your lungs and break out the flip-flops.  It's going to be a long and luck-filled summer (and the good kind of luck, I believe it). 

With love,
J

No comments: