Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Stolen

Favorite Things of this very moment (4:02 pm CST):
  • Stardust
  • Purple Dynamic Horizons Computer Services pens

I am waiting for Heather to meet me here at the office. I really should take this time to finish my book (which is really turning out to be excellent and forcing me to consider how I feel about life and death a bit more...amazing), but you know what I'm thinking about? Tristian's face. And also Dashboard Confessional's song "Stolen" (which are as follows):
We watch the season pull up its own stakes
And catch the last weekend of the last week
Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced,
Another sun soaked season fades away
You have stolen my heart
Invitation only, grand farewells
Crash the best one, of the best ones
Clear liquor and cloudy eyed, too early to say goodnight
You have stolen my heart
And from the ballroom floor we are in celebration
One good stretch before our hibernation
Our dreams assured and we all, will sleep well
You have stolen
You have stolen my heart
I watch you spin around in your highest heels
You are the best one, of the best ones
We all look like we feel
You have stolen my
You have stolen my heart
And...I'm also thinking about Shane Celestino. The first boy in such a long, long time to look at me and come sit with me just to see how I was doing, who tried to help me pass Algebra (which I didn't), and who I've managed for the last 2 months to think very little about because I've convinced myself there's no point in bothering (which is very likely to be true)...but... How often in life to we just never bother to tell someone that we think they're something special? That they're someone worth waiting for a little while. That maybe, just maybe they've stolen your heart. At the very least, they captivate you...why don't we tell people these things more often? Maybe the world would be a little bit better and brighter if we had a little more honesty when it comes to things of the heart. We could give someone a little bit more strength and a lot more love. Like Tristan's transformation in "Stardust." Think about how much he changed as he became more confident and how amazing he was, how brave when he knew he had someone believing in him, loving him. I want to be able to share that. I want to give someone that boost of strength and belief so that he can continue onward. I'm not sure what this has to do with Shane other than the concept that I was reminded of him yesterday by my friend Heather at Sauk and have been thinking of him off and on ever since and it doesn't help that our handsome young hero last night happened to be a sweet young man with dark hair and beautiful eyes...just like my handsome friend, Shane.

Well...I'm off to plot how I can convince Nathan Dvorak to become the first in the army of camouflage ninja minstrel warriors... :)

No comments: