I have given quite a bit of thought to New Year's Resolutions in the past week or so, and I have realized, once again, that I have much I still want to accomplish or enjoy. As a result, I have come up with a new list of changes/new trials/ideas that I will be trying to implement this year.
For the Coming Year (in no particular order):
- I will cut back on impulse buying. I still have some medical bills to pay off, a move to consider, a new job to find, and a bigger life to start living.
- I will try to cook more. I do quite a bit of baking already, but I was given a pair of excellent cookbooks by my brother, David and his fantastic girlfriend, Kelsey for Christmas, and I'd like to actually make myself real meals. I know this would be cheaper and healthier for me as well. It's worth a try.
- I will save money out of every paycheck. I've been terrible about preparing for my future/saving, and it's time to really get that underway. If I could get this going, I would actually have money put aside when the next storm comes.
- I will try to lose 2 lbs or more each month of the coming year. It may not sound like much, but it would be a lot easier to see to the end of that goal each month than to set a huge and crazy goal. This I can do.
- I will try and get the children's book I wrote this past year published. And then I will write another.
- I will pay off all the medical bills I have accrued this past year, and the few I will have before the end of January. This is doable. I just have to plan it out and make it happen.
- I will start paying my father back. I owe him money from when I was putting myself through school and had some insane car problems. My goal for this over all is to pay him back completely by the time I am 30. It's a few years away yet, I know I can make this happen.
- I will practice the ukulele. I was given one for Christmas this year which is a life-long dream come true, and so I am determined that I truly will learn to play.
- I will try harder to get along with my body. I have put my body through a lot this year, and it's done the same. I would very much like for us to be on the same page and getting along finally. I think after all these years, we both deserve a little compassion and to be better taken care of.
- I will practice Radical Honesty on a more regular-esque basis.
- I will give more toasts. Because I can.
- Do something nice for someone else every day.
These goals will not be very easy for me, but I do believe I can make them happen. I also believe they will allow me to be a healthier, happier person in this new year. I'd like to have a go at a better life.
I suppose I should also update my bucket list, so here goes:
- Love and be loved by a good man.
- Finish reading all partially read books.
- Send someone a telegram via telegramstop.com
- Give more away.
- Visit the ocean.
- Make Eric Callaway his long ago promised Green blanket.
- Write a long letter to the pope.
- Buy a sarong.
- Figure out what to do with the video camera.
- Pay back my father.
- Write my own obituary.
- Wine and dine someone who deserves it.
- Have a completed emergency fund.
- Watch all of my RiffTrax at least once.
- Become financially independent.
- Learn to make hats.
- Be me. And love being me.