Saturday, December 31, 2011

Win.

At the beginning of the year I put together a 2011 to-do list, and I thought I'd wrap up the year by telling you what I actually accomplished.

  • I made baby blankets for Mara (Dan & Rachel's little girl) and Conor (Nikky & Yan's little man).
  • I gave away a lot of books and things. Lots.  Still lots more to give.
  • I made a lot of mixes for a lot of people.  
  • I wrote a lot more thank you's
  • I kept stamps on hand (I very much plan to continue this and the writing thank you's)
  • Amber, Regina & I did get the Swan painting Nikky did for me hung up in the apartment.
  • I found a good job working for the Oregon Healthcare Pharmacy.
  • I've been trying to give more money or use money in more charitable ways.
  • On June 17th, I actually got to pay for the moving van that was in the toll line behind Amy and I on our way back from MN Camp.
  • I did a three day green tea detox.  I don't really want to do that ever again, but I'm glad I got to do it once.
  • I bought myself an external hard drive.
  • I took another couple sets of pictures for me "Every Girl Wants to be the Exception" project.  
  • I watched "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist" with Regina
  • I did better about calling people when I said I would and calling them back.
  • Tried to encourage Cynthia (and hope to continue that for a long, long time to come).
  • Have tried to tell people I love them a lot more often
  • Done a bit more with the Radical Honesty bit.
  • I have burned more candles.
  • I took quite a few trips and did so as often as possible.  Visited OH, MN, SC (numerous times), IN, and a lot of other places.
  • I did get to go visit Nikky & I was there to help with she and Yan's wedding.
  • I bought a whole slew of foam weaponry and had an epic duel with Jake during FUEL, and then continued to use them on everyone for quite awhile after.
  • Also bought Anais Mitchell's amazing Hadestown album.  So, so, so good.
  • Wrote in my blog fairly often.
  • Did a lot better in believing people when they gave me compliments.
  • Tried some new recipes and made up a few of my own.
  • Went through my iTunes and got rid of everything I didn't want.  I have more of that to do.
  • Did more to encourage the other ABC students and the staff too.
  • Took lots of pictures.
  • Said yes more often.
  • Took a sabbath from the interwebz.  Several actually.
  • Shredded the financial stuff I needed too.
  • Called home more.
  • And I bought my mom a copy of The Happiness Project.
Yep.  I did a lot of stuff.  And this year, I am going to try to do more.

No comments: