Thursday, July 15, 2010

At the present moment, I am sitting in Basket Beginnings in the Conover Square Mall in Oregon, IL. Yep. I'm working here in the afternoons for the next several days. I love this store.

Basket Beginnings is just a cheerful place to be. Lots to see and there's always some new booth popping up. I hadn't been in for awhile, so I didn't realize there's a crafter who does handpainted silk items (which are beautiful) and another who makes cards and really unique and pretty pictures frames. And as always, I have found something I must purchase. I found a card I like, and I may shuffle through them and I find another one or 2 to use. Sometimes you just have to do that kind of thing.

I just spent the last half hour or so reading the October chapter in Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project. I've realized I'm going to honestly miss this book when I finish it. I'm suppose to return it to the library so they can send it back through interlibrary loan. One of these days I'm going to have to pick up my own copy. I already know I want to reread it and mark it all up. I feel so connected to Gretchen Rubin's overall style. We're different in many ways, but she and I share some weird details. Like obsessive notetaking. It's actually a bit of a relief to know that someone else is constantly keeping track of weird bits of info. I think Nikky does a bit of that too. She always finds the best quotes.

Now I'm actually considering creating a Happiness Project of my own. It definitely couldn't hurt anything, and considering the huge changes that are about to happen in my life with the move and everything...this may be the best time. Having a project to focus on usually helps me through things and gives me something to be passionate about. We'll see what comes of this.

I did start a photo journal of the last month or so that I am home. It's not much, but I like it. I took my camera with me when Mom and I took our morning walk and that was entertaining. I think it drove Mom a little crazy because I stopped quite a few times, but there are some things I'm just going to be glad I have pictures of. Such as, Wayne the dog statue. There's this house that we walk past every morning that has this statue of a german shepherd sitting on a tree stump in their front yard. Last fall they put a cape and mask on him so he looked like Batman. Hence the name Wayne. He no longer has his cape and mask, but I didn't want to miss having a picture of Wayne. Good, good memories.

This last month promises to be insane. As you can tell by the picture of my dresser, I am far from done. And just think...that mess is JUST the TOP of my dresser...oh yes.


I'm also wondering how much of the stuff you see in this picture will go to Atlanta with me in August. Much of it will, but I think some of this will find new homes. And some of it will finally head out in the mail or go to the people it actually belongs too. Hooray for finally getting items returned. I actually have started a pile of things that I've found that I need to return to people starting with books I borrowed from Mr. Young, my favorite teacher, my senior year of high school. Yeah...then there's also a book I borrowed to help me write my speech for Baccalaureate my senior year, and it belongs to a local pastor whose wife is friends with my mom and whose daughter I work with part of the time. Some of this stuff just needs thank you notes/apologies written and sent off. I'm going to look forward to clearing all of that away.

Well, hopefully your dressers are cleaner than mine.
Love,
Jaymin

No comments: