Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can't Believe It's Christmas!



Favorite things of this very Christmas Eve moment (10:58 am CST):

  • Frosty's Favorite coffee in my favorite lovely green mug from Nikky
  • My giant Christmas playlist on shuffle on iTunes (The Carpenters, George Winston, the Muppets, Josh Groban, Bright Eyes, Elvis, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Jars of Clay, etc. etc.)
  • Mira being fairly friendly
  • The ice melting off my car so that I don't have to take the hair dryer and extension cord out to open them like last year
  • That my house has electricity and heat unlike quite a few of the homes here in town (ice storms are an interesting thing)
  • That David is safetly here at home and will be staying here until after Christmas
  • Knowing Mom and I have buckeyes to dip later this afternoon
  • Knowing I'll get to talk to Nikky at some point today
  • Brightly colored slipper socks that keep my toes warm and whose siblings live with Nikky in Ohio (with big pictures of Zac Effron's face on each sock...ha)
  • That I am healthy (very much unlike last Christmas Eve)
  • That it's Christmas Eve!

Tomorrow is Christmas. Tomorrow. Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. It never fails. There's just something magical (I've used that term sooooo often lately, I apologize) about Christmas Eve. The anticipation and wonder of the day. Knowing that tomorrow brings the revelation of the contents of the pile of colorful packages under your Christmas tree, knowing that the people you love will be opening things that you carefully wrapped and purchased just for them, and lots of tasty food.

Life is beautiful.

May your Christmas be full of love. May it be full of the joy and wonder you felt for Christmas when you were just a little one. May it be full of fulfilled promises and the promise of future joys. May it be full or ridiculous happenings (in the very best sense) and Christmas music. May it be full of the twinkle and sparkle of Christmas lights and the delight of every moment.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: "May your future be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white." That and more I wish for you.

All my love this glorious Christmas, J

No comments: