Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Some Final Thoughts on 33

No broken ribs since the last birthday. Excellent.

Got to celebrate my first wedding anniversary with my husband. Glorious.

Spent the week after Christmas building a crazy Stranger Things Lego kit that Ty bought me for Christmas. Biggest build I've ever completed, and it was aggravating as all heck part of the time, but it turned out awesome.

Getting to live through a pandemic with the love of my life. Nothing feels right or normal anymore aside from the family we are now.

Dyed my hair pink. Again.

Lost an aunt and uncle to long term illnesses without Ty ever getting to meet them. They were both incredible people who loved well and deeply and were loved just as much.

Got to hold my niece and start loving on her. She's precious and a complete joy.

Got to see my nephew walk for the first time and also celebrate his first birthday. He's getting so big!

Had to buy a new car from a real dealership as an actual adult. Realizing in the process that I have no credit because I still don't have a credit card and I don't have loans. Life is weird.

Had many, many talks with God. Some hopeful for the future. Some looking for peace. Some crying out in pain and frustration and anger. I've been awed as ever in the fact that no matter what obstacle I have or rant or cry or anything, God takes me in stride. He knows my heart and my intent, and He loves me just the same.

Loved and was loved by my husband every day. He is a gift beyond measure. 

It's not all or exciting great, but it's mine. I am grateful.

Love,  me

No comments: