Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Perhaps this Hope is What I Need


Tonight I've teared up over two things: the ending of "Amelie" and the simple fact that a man like Tom Hiddleston exists in the world. 

"Amelie" is just do beautiful. Odd-balls, dreamers, finding love and spreading good deeds and closure to lonely people. Everyone needs that. But the scene where she opens her door to go find Nino, to be brave...it cheers me on. Two dreamers/romantics playing a game, risking their hearts, and finding the joy they can find in this crazy world. Is anything so beautiful?

As for Hiddleston, well, he makes me smile. It makes me feel hope. Good men exist. Men can still appreciate poetry, respect women, have love for children, care for the needy, be kind, dance like a fool, and laugh at themselves. If I knew someone like that who was crazy enough to care for me, I'd spend every day for the rest of my life loving him, blessing him, and bringing him all the joy I could fit in a day. In the meantime, I know Hiddleston exists and tonight that's enough. 


No comments: